CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 11, 2008

Letter To China

Dear parents:
I am right here in New York, in this little place called China Town, it looks just exactly like china, but it is a lot smaller. I am really depress because I am far away from you. I want to see you, I miss you a lot. Well, I am going to tell you a little bit of journey to here, United States, well, when I was first I was on the airport, this person with a dark green cloth was asking something to the “snake-head” , after talking to her, he just search us and let us go. When I was on the plane, a person with dark-red uniform was asking something, I didn’t know what was she asking to me, but she offer me food, so I just took one hundred dollars, and tried to give to her, but then the “snake-head” took them away from me and said “son you aren’t supposed to give them money, the food its free and also you shouldn’t carry your money like that, let me take care of them for you”. After that we got to New York and ask me to talk to you, that is when I called you, after you had give them the money, they left me in China Town. At first I was sleeping on a park’s bench and I didn't know what to do, I dint know English or knew anybody, after that, a person told me if I wanted to live with him, but I had to sleep on the floor. My first job was to cut loose threads from shirts, but they only had pay me 2 cents per shirt. That was better than doing nothing. I got into school with the help of a Chinese friend that looked like my parent. But I needed to make more that $500 a month, because of the shark-loans, so I persuaded one of the employment agencies to send me to a job at a Chinese restaurant, where I could make $800 monthly. I dropped out of school. My first job in this place was a dishwasher, but I needed a crate to stand on it. I worked about 12 to 13 hours a day. And I only had one day off of the week. I was working my way up, at some point I was making $2,900 a month as a manager. I spend 3- and a half in the restaurant. After that I got a visa, by a lawyer. The lawyer told me that I may get a visa by showing the receipts when I sent you money, it worked out I got a visa and I can be here legally now.

0 comments: